Monday, September 29, 2008

and once again my bad luck continues

So everything has been going good. I've been doing pretty alright with school. I'm just about done with the Reptar records. Everything is going ok. Flashback to last week. My new band Fucking Mess play with Damnation Alley, Morne and Reptar. The records came in about a day before so I assembled and got them ready for the show. Everything was going smoothly up until about halfway into Reptar. As I was watching them play out of nowhere I felt a huge slam to my mouth. Not even realizing what had just happened I tried to shake it off. Then I realized something was very wrong. My right front tooth wasn't in the correct place in my mouth; in fact, it had gone backwards into my head and what is commonly referred to as a luxation happened. So then I realize my tooth is fucked. I run into the bathroom and wash the blood off my face. What I didn't realize is I bit through my lower lip too. So that was where most of the bleeding was coming from.

That is from the show. I was in semi shock so and didn't really know what to do so I just kinda hung around until the end of the show. Then my brother and I went to the ER where I cleaned myself up and looked like this:

Amazing. So from there I had to wait around for about a half an hour. Here's where it gets sketchy and I think this is where my tooth was broken. I am finally treated at the ER. The doctor comes in and shoots me up with novacaine. Man that did not feel good. Everything then went of course. She sews up the hole in my face and starts to set the tooth back, she moves it about 3 times. On the third time I hear a loud "click" noise. I didn't think anything of it. I thought she had set it back correctly no problems. From there they put some kind of splint mouth glue shit on my tooth and I'm released from the hospital. I get home and I feel like complete shit.

All weekend long I couldn't do anything. I slept all day Saturday and had to miss Scott J and Lindsey's wedding. I couldn't bite down either because of the tooth. I would be woken up by jolts of pain because in my sleep I would try to shut my mouth correctly.
Fast forward to Monday morning. Time to visit the dentist, the first thing he did was look at the tooth and noticed it was extremely loose. Bad bad sign. He took some x-rays and about 10 minutes later gave me the bad news. My right front tooth was broken straight across inside the gum line. It had to be extracted ASAP. At this point I'm pretty upset because well, I don't have much going for me and now I'm going to lose one of my front teeth. I wasn't happy at all. I was pretty pissed with the fact that this had happened. On top of that He wasn't going to pull my tooth until today, I couldn't wait that long. I called up the next day and told him I was in extreme amount of pain and it needed to get out of my head. He was able to get me in the for Wednesday at 8:30 in the morning. This fucking sucked. I remember the surgery so well still. I walk in, he numbs up my mouth and with ease gets the first 3/4 of my tooth out my head. Next he had to get the last of the root out of my head. This wasn't fun at all. He was holding my lip up right over my nose, so there was times I couldn't breath and I had to lift my hand and let him know. While he was drilling away at whatever, the novacaine started to wear off. I had to let him know I could feel everything he was doing. He injects me with more novacaine and went back to work. about 15 to 20 minutes later the root finally came out and he started stitching me up. For some odd reason the dude thought I got caught in a bar fight and I wasn't about to explain to him what happens at hardcore shows. Oh well. This is my currently look

Can't say I'm very happy about having a huge gap in my face. I'll be getting an implant before the year is over.

The Reptar record is just about done and I'm pretty happy with the way it came out. We are gonna do one more cover variation and that will be it. We are never gonna press this again and only 300(315 including test presses) will ever exist
Here's the Variations.






I should note that the one that is a just a half tone pic of my fucked tooth will be available at the Trapped Under Ice show aka Record Release round 2. The Tim and Eric covers sold like hot cakes.

No comments: